For the promotion of any products or services, it is vital to build a plan. It will contain your main goals and the methods, which you are going to use in order to reach them. In the article, we will observe the meaning of an advertising strategy and its key principles.
What strategy means in advertising?
An advertising strategy is a plan, which helps marketers promote and sell their products/services to consumers. There exist plenty of types of advertising campaigns depending on the products, aims, and other issues. An advertising strategy is always created for a definite brand, which means that every company follows its own unique plan.
There are several basic principles, which are used when creating any kind of a strategy:
- Product qualities. Before you can start creating a strategy, it is vital to know more about your product or service. In other words, it is required to define, what your product is aimed at, what functions it fulfills, what its features are, and, finally, what benefits it possesses. This information will become a core for your future strategy defining its message and issues to focus on.
- Your market. The next important thing after you define your product is to understand, who are likely to buy it. To find it out, it is necessary to carry out market research. Thus, you can discover the following data:
- demographic features of the potential consumers
- age group
- social status
- interests (they will allow defining the preferable advert types)
- market accessibility (which part of it is already taken by the competitors and which one is open)
- current economic climate.
Thus, you can understand the preferences of the consumers and the situation on the market.
- Advertising purposes. Using the gathered information, it is possible to define certain goals of advertising. Think about what you want to achieve with the advert campaigns. It is also important to think about the deadlines for the achievement of your goals.
- Methodology. Think about methods and tools, which can be used in your advertising strategy to achieve the selected purposes. It is also vital to define a budget you are ready to spend on advertising. Any advertising strategy can include the application of ad networks or other tools for better targeting and reach.
There are many different advertising strategies, which might be helpful for marketers. Today we are going to observe those, which proved to be the most effective:
- Utility strategy. In this strategy, advertising is aimed at adding value to a product. It usually describes the way customers can achieve their goals by means of a certain product or service.
- Modeling strategy. It is possible to use the help of famous people, who can inspire your customers to buy from you and adopt a definite model of behavior.
- Reframing strategy. Here marketers use adverts, which reframe a target behavior in a positive light.
- Evocation strategy. The desired behavior is provoked through powerful emotions.
- Ownership strategy. The customers are invited to become a part of an advert campaign.
- Collectivism strategy. With the help of advertising, certain norms of behavior are created or reinforced.
- Play strategy. The desired behavior of the customers is presented as enjoyable using gamification.
- Skill-up strategy. It includes educational advert materials, which explain, how to do the desired behavior or how to do it in an easier way.
- ‘Eliminate complexity’ strategy. Adverts used allow reducing the barriers making the desired behavior easy to reach.
- Commitment strategy. The adverts require fulfilling a small action, which is a part of a target behavior.
There are many other types of strategies, which can be used for the efficient development of your business. Try one or several of those strategies to build an effective advert campaign and reach the goals you have for the promotion of your brand.